No more museums


After a hectic train ride here (way overbooked, people standing on top of people, one person looking like she was about to heave at any moment, no place for luggage, no seats either btw, we arrive in the gorgeous city of Florence. 

After checking into the Hotel Adler Cavalieri we walk the streets  

First thing we see is this church.

Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore 


Look at the detail of that building.  Outrageous 

We arrive for our tour of Accademia Gallery 





And the climax of this tour  Statue of David

From every angle






I see that stone you’re hiding in your right hand David 

Uffizi Gallery  Our next destination 

A collection of priceless art from the Italian Renaissance 

Including Leonardo da Vinci 

Michelangelo 

And Raphael and Donatello 

(I though they were crime fighters in NYC)








After an 1 1/2 hour tour thru this place (if we were on our own we’d be in and out in about 5 minutes) I think I reached my museum max

No disrespect  I understand the history the importance the beauty of what we just saw, but if I see another statue or another painting I might just be the one heaving    Put us on a beach in Cancun and let’s float on the Caribbean Sea  Give me my baseball my PGA tour the NBA ANYTHING but these peddlers selling the latest stupid toy or trying to sell me a selfie stick or charger

I’ve had enough pizza and bruschetta and free breakfasts and croissants and Italian beer. I’d even settle for a Bud Light right now.  Give me my boat to Keywaydin with a cooler full of Modelo Especial and sun chips. Give me my dog!!!  I miss you boy  See ya in 4 days


Dinner at All’Antico Vinalo




Tomorrow we visit the Duomo Cathedral  That might be cool  We’ll see

Arrivederci

While I’m thinking about this 

Let me throw a few thanks around

First I wanna thank google for allowing us to navigate the streets of Greece and Italy like we’ve been living here all our lives  That technology never ceases to amaze me

Next  I wanna thank momma for upgrading to 4 star hotels  Would hate to see what 3 star is around here

Kathy  For being so wonderful and giving and spending all this time watching our little babies Wouldn’t leave them with anyone else

Next up  Our kids for encouraging us to travel and see the world. We never would have done this without their push  We love our boys more than they’ll ever know


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mom & Dad finally go to Europe

Santorini

My name is Luka